On the second day of the HP Magic Giveaway Contest, you now have another 2 chances to enter at three different sites. Each site will be conducting their own contest and you have until December 5th to enter each of them when they announce the winner of their respective contests.
Here are the two new contests for the second day of the HP Magic Giveaway Contest:
Hp and Microsoft has delivered the prize package to me - and as of today, Saturday November 29th - the contest has begun. Now it is my turn to explain the rules to you. Here they are:
1) This entire prize package will be awarded to one person.
2) However, this winner will be chosen based on how they plan to use this prize. To be more specific, I will be awarding this prize to a winner who will put the package to positive change or towards a charitable cause. For example, this person might work at an underprivileged school, the winner might know someone working at an underfunded health clinic, or maybe they’ve heard about a Boys and Girls club that might need a donation. Regardless, this person should plan to have these computers affect lives positively.
3) The winner has the option of sharing this prize, it is their choice. In other words, I can mail part or all of the package to the winner or could mail part or all of the package directly to a cause, charity, etc.
4) Each entrant MUST explain to me in 250 words or less why their cause should be chosen. This explanation must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “My Entry to the HP/Microsoft Magic Giveaway”.
5) The entrant is encouraged to be creative with their submission. You could include a link to a blog post, a Youtube clip or FLIKR images. (Please do not send large files or jpegs attached to the email itself.) Through your submission, show me you are an honest individual who truly cares about the cause or person you support. The more you can show me that your cause is real (and not something made up so you can sell it all on e-bay which I strongly strongly discourage), the better your chances are to win. Please remember: this is about giving and supporting a worthwile cause. Please think hard about what kind of good you can do with this prize.
6) I will not hold it against the winner if they would like to keep a portion of the prize themselves. There is certainly enough to go around and it is up to the winner to decide how to spread the wealth. Just remember, charitable individuals will be rewarded in this contest.
7) Real addresses are required, no p.o. boxes.
8 ) International entrants are welcome.
9) While your address and full name will be protected and kept private, I will be posting about the winner and the cause they represent on the Morningside Mom blog.
10) Additionally, the winner will be asked to submit a follow up post about how the gift package was put to good use. Pictures and personal experiences will be highly encouraged. This follow up will be expected within 2-4 weeks after you received the package.
11) While unlikely, press or media could potentially by involved. If they are, obviously, the winner’s full name or address will not be made public or ever shared with anyone.
12) Winners will be chosen solely at my discretion.
13) Entrants who have won this prize at one of the other 49 blogger’s websites involved in the HP give away will be disqualified.
14) A winner will be announced on December 5th.
15) If you consider yourself a friend of mine - I love ya but sorry, don’t bother entering. However, think about entering at one of the other 49 blogger’s sites! (See above.) But tell a friend about my contest (one I don’t know) to come on over and enter.
16) HP has encouraged me to look over the hardware and review it. Some boxes or bags may have been opened. Everything has of course been put back into its original packaging.
Any questions? Please comment below and I will respond as quickly as I am able to. Check back here on December 5th to for the winning announcement. Good luck to all entrants!
For more details on Caroline’s contest head here and good luck to all those entering!
This week, I'll be running a promotion and giveaway for $6000 worth of HP computers and other software and hardware. I'll give away the entire package to one person who enters my contest.
I love, love, love the idea of being a Magic Internet Fairy, pouring out an amazing abundance of computers, more than anyone could ever need! It's a gift that, by being too big, inspires generosity.
I want YOU.... my creative, intelligent, beautiful reader... to have a shiny new computer or laptop of your own, for the holidays!
And I want YOU to overflow with computers, like a geektastic goddess, making other people happy, people who also dream of having the Internet at their fingertips!
Keep one of these sleek, fast, powerful beasts for yourself... and then share the magic. Give the rest away!
I thought about "magic" and what my computer means to me. It lets me express all the million layers of my ideas and creativity, and helps me put that into the world directly. Because I do that, I can connect directly with other people and their ideas. The magic for me in this contest is in spreading that empowerment and connection. Who could I make the happiest? Who would put something unique and interesting into the world, given the right tools?
50 sites, listed here on http://hp.com/go/winhpmagic, are EACH offering a chance to win a complete package consisting of three HP computers plus a mini notebook, an HP MediaSmart Media Center extender, a Photosmart printer (and a huge pack of photo paper) plus a ton of software, and a BluRay DVD. There will be some U.S. IRS tax offset compensation, where applicable.
The winner of each site’s contest gets it all. Each site will have their own contest with different rules and you CAN enter all of them.
To enter the HP Magic Giveaway on my blog, Composite: Thoughts on Poetics and Tech, please do these three things:
1) Comment intelligently on any post on this blog!
A) Respond to a post. Pick something that interests you: feminism? disability rights? programming? Gadgets? Maybe a specific poet, one of the poems from my Anthology?
Tell me what you think of what I wrote.
I'm impressed if you are smart, engaged, un-boring, and being real! Make me laugh! Make me think!
B) Tell me briefly, in 3 sentences or less, how you would "Share the Magic" - what would you do with the prize? Who will you give the extra computers to? Please use links if applicable.
C) In your comment, include a link back to your own blog, or some other place on the net.
2) Post a link to that post and your comment, somewhere public on the Internet; on your blog, your MySpace or Facebook, your Twitter account, a bulletin board; anywhere you hang out.
3) Email me at email@example.com. Tell me:
* the link to your comment in #1
* the link to your post in #2
I won't include anyone as a finalist who I know in real life, and obviously, not my co-workers or family members.
I will be the sole judge and my decision is final.
By entering, the winner agrees to provide me, within two weeks of receipt of the prize, at least a 500 word postable story on what happened when they gifted the extra computers. Pictures optional, but would be great to have along with permission to post. I won’t post names or any other information without your permission.
For me, the "Magic" in this contest will be the list of finalists; the people who I think are especially interesting and creative! Someone will get a bunch of computers -- and maybe I'll get a new blogroll!
For more details Liz’s contest head here and good luck on those entering her contest as well!
You can also check out the other 50 sites participating at HP's Magic Giveaway site.
Boston Pocket PC will be announcing our contest shortly so be sure to check back soon and again good luck entering the contests for today at Morningside Mom and Thoughts on poetics & tech the ones from yesterday at Bleeping Computer, Gear Live, and Windows Connected.